Friday, February 24, 2006

I Came, I Swam, I Ran (where?!!)

Well, my debut shot at Biathlon. NUS Biathlon, 19th Feb 2006.
Not that bad after all, and seriously speaking, I find it much more intense and exciting than the marathon.
Hmm.... one thing I liked was the body marking. Yes, scribbling 4 digits onto your limbs. However, if im not wrong I think there should be more professional markers or some chalk instead of the normal ink markers we use. Pls it felt like someone was drawing on me.
Imagine the thrill of swimming in the open sea(800m) not v far, but then again, it was a completely new experience. Hands and legs and bodies(other competitiors I mean) all around you, some 'grabbing' onto you and then you crashing into others. Whew.... it was really HELL of an experience.
All i remembered was that I was a bit disoriented at some point in time as I tried to swim the outer perimeter to avoid the cluster **** of swimmers. Then I saw that the rocks/island on the other side of Sentosa becoming so close to me. YES. I was swimming out too far. Some guy on the canoe (not gw) was waving at me, telling me that for goodness sake, DO NOT DRIFT OUT!

After that, it was themore fun part. Transition. Coming out of the water, still blur and a bit dis oriented, then removing my goggles and swim cap, running on sand, I reached the transition area, place where I had neatly and strategically placed my shoes and running gear. But then, due to my mind still left floating in the seas, I couldn't find my stuff. Precious seconds gone. In a competition where timing is crucial, this is usually the time where the pros and the newbies differ.

Finally getting off to a run while I 'lup' my singlet over as I scramble off. I checked my watch, 19 mins, that is swim + transition, not that bad, still within my expectations of 20mins. Before I knew it, the race was over. All I remebered was 2 of my friends were at the finishing line and seeing them was pure joy.

Well, definetely an experience of a lifetime. Both me and Fa was quite ecited and talked bt the possibility of joining the Singapore Biathlon. Which brings me to the next $#@*. Why can't Safra for goodness sake have an online registration when NUS Students Sports Club could?!! OMG. Was supposed to go for the swim trials today when the clerk at Safra told me registration was closed. DARNED.

THERE IS A LIMIT TO STUPIDITY. AND YOU ARE THE LIMIT.

Some photos, and sportsphotox.com is extorting again, $12.50 for 1x 4R when it only costs like 40c. HELP! SHARKS!





















I think I look a bit 'pussy' in this shot
(Wipe that 'pussy' grin off your face!!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home